UPDATE: To ensure all who want to enter our final contest are able to do so, we’re extending the entry window through Jan. 1! Additionally, the winner will receive a Heroes of Ruin poster signed by the game’s development team! See the Day 12 description below for full details.
It’s been a fantastic (and busy) year for us at n-Space! We shipped four games, spoke at the Penny Arcade Expo in Boston and generally ran ourselves ragged in our ongoing quest to make great games. And now with Christmas just around the corner, we’re getting ready to take a breather.
But before we set out those cookies for Santa, we have a surprise for you. As thanks for your amazing support of us and our games, we’ve arranged what we’re calling the 12 Giveaways of Christmas. We’re running daily contests Dec. 10 through Dec. 21, giving you 12 chances to win some fantastic prizes such as rare merchandise, a Heroes of Ruin poster signed by the development team, and a Skylanders prize package that we’re going to have to keep safe from Kaos! Most of the contests are random drawings, but some entail showing us your skills with a camera…
• Day 1 (Monday, Dec. 10): Random drawing to win every game we shipped this year, including Heroes of Ruin, RollerCoaster Tycoon 3D and Skylanders Giants for the Nintendo 3DS, plus one month of Xbox Live Gold Membership to make sure you grab your copy of 5 Micro Lab Challenge. (Congrats to Chuck in Arkansas!)
• Day 2 (Tuesday, Dec. 11): Random drawing to win a rare shirt featuring Eruptor of Skylanders fame, plus Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure and Skylanders Giants posters. (Congrats to Paul in Massachusetts!)
• Day 3 (Wednesday, Dec. 12): Random drawing to win a copy of the Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure soundtrack, plus Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure and Skylanders Giants posters. (Congrats to Stephanie in North Carolina!)
• Day 4 (Thursday, Dec. 13): Photo contest to win The Art of Video Games by Chris Melissinos, the companion book to the touring exhibition that debuted earlier this year at the Smithsonian American Art Museum. (Congrats to Andrew in Virginia!)
• Day 5 (Friday, Dec. 14): Random drawing to win the Swarm figure from Skylanders Giants, plus Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure and Skylanders Giants posters. (Congrats to Cy in California!)
• Day 6 (Saturday, Dec. 15): Random drawing to win five Kid Icarus: Uprising AR Card packs from the now out-of-print Series 1. (Congrats to Mau in New York!)
• Day 7 (Sunday, Dec. 16): Photo contest to win Diamond Trust of London for the Nintendo DS, the first Nintendo DS game to successfully publish through efforts funded by Kickstarter. (Congrats to Chuck in Arkansas!)
• Day 8 (Monday, Dec. 17): Random drawing to win the Bouncer figure from Skylanders Giants, plus Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure and Skylanders Giants posters. (Congrats to Debbie in Arkansas!)
• Day 9 (Tuesday, Dec. 18): Random drawing to win the Crusher figure from Skylanders Giants, plus Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure and Skylanders Giants posters. (Congrats to Matt in Ohio!)
• Day 10 (Wednesday, Dec. 19): Photo contest to win RollerCoaster Tycoon for the Nintendo 3DS. (Congrats to Justin in Georgia!)
• Day 11 (Thursday, Dec. 20): Photo contest to win a Heroes of Ruin poster signed by the game’s development team, an extremely rare collectible! (Prize combined with Day 12 prize package.)
• Day 12 (Friday, Dec. 21 through Tuesday, Jan. 1): Photo and video contest to win a Skylanders prize package that includes your choice of a Skylanders Giants Starter Kit for Nintendo 3DS or PlayStation 3, plus all of the following items: seven Skylanders figures, including Bouncer, Crusher, Fright Rider, Swarm, Terrafin, Whirlwind and Zook; a copy of the Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure soundtrack; a Skylanders pen; and Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure and Skylanders Giants posters. (Congrats to Dylan in Indiana!)
Have a question? Ask us in the comments. Thank you again for being such an amazing supporter of us and our games! Good luck!
Inside n-Space is a video series that explores the people and products of n-Space, Inc. This installment, Student Advice, asks several n-Space team members what general advice they would offer students hoping to work in the video game industry.
Inside n-Space is a video series that explores the people and products of n-Space, Inc. This installment, My Start, asks several n-Space team members how they got started in the video game industry.
Inside n-Space is a video series that explores the people and products of n-Space, Inc. This installment, Growing Up, asks several n-Space team members what they were like in high school. Look for additional installments coming soon!
Some theme parks use signs to indicate the wait time for their most popular rides. Phrases such as “wait time from this point: 30 minutes” help you know how much longer you’ll be waiting. And in the case of RollerCoaster Tycoon 3D, your wait time from this point is just six weeks!
Atari has confirmed RollerCoaster Tycoon 3D for the Nintendo 3DS will release Oct. 16 in North America and Oct. 26 in Europe and Australia. Developed by n-Space and designed to highlight the Nintendo 3DS system’s many capabilities, RollerCoaster Tycoon 3D will be published in North America by Atari and in Europe and Australia by Namco Bandai Games.
• An entirely new gameplay mode called Coaster Story, which blends together tutorials and park challenges into a cohesive and entertaining narrative and offers players tons of special unlockable content.
• A first-person view for coaster rides that fully immerses players with the innovative 3D display exclusive to Nintendo 3DS.
• The ability to freely customize the design of roller coasters and theme parks with the use of a stylus and the touch-screen interface.
• Just like at a real theme park, you can take a snapshot of yourself on a ride and share it with your friends.
• The gyro sensor allows players to look around their theme park by simply tilting their Nintendo 3DS.
• Create the ultimate coaster and easily share it with friends through StreetPass.
• Invite your Mii Plaza friends to your theme park.
Since its inception in 1999, Chris Sawyer’s original RollerCoaster Tycoon and its sequels have captivated audiences with a gaming experience that put a whole new spin on the world of theme parks. The franchise, which is now making its portable system debut, has sold more than 11 million units. You can read more about RollerCoaster Tycoon 3D at this IGN preview.
And look for other Nintendo 3DS games from n-Space, including Skylanders Giants, releasing Oct. 19 in the United Kingdom and Oct. 21 in the United States; Heroes of Ruin, released June 15 in Europe and July 17 in North America; and Jaws: Ultimate Predator, released November 2011.