RollerCoaster Tycoon 3D rolls into stores next month
Some theme parks use signs to indicate the wait time for their most popular rides. Phrases such as “wait time from this point: 30 minutes” help you know how much longer you’ll be waiting. And in the case of RollerCoaster Tycoon 3D, your wait time from this point is just six weeks!
Atari has confirmed RollerCoaster Tycoon 3D for the Nintendo 3DS will release Oct. 16 in North America and Oct. 26 in Europe and Australia. Developed by n-Space and designed to highlight the Nintendo 3DS system’s many capabilities, RollerCoaster Tycoon 3D will be published in North America by Atari and in Europe and Australia by Namco Bandai Games.
• An entirely new gameplay mode called Coaster Story, which blends together tutorials and park challenges into a cohesive and entertaining narrative and offers players tons of special unlockable content.
• A first-person view for coaster rides that fully immerses players with the innovative 3D display exclusive to Nintendo 3DS.
• The ability to freely customize the design of roller coasters and theme parks with the use of a stylus and the touch-screen interface.
• Just like at a real theme park, you can take a snapshot of yourself on a ride and share it with your friends.
• The gyro sensor allows players to look around their theme park by simply tilting their Nintendo 3DS.
• Create the ultimate coaster and easily share it with friends through StreetPass.
• Invite your Mii Plaza friends to your theme park.
Since its inception in 1999, Chris Sawyer’s original RollerCoaster Tycoon and its sequels have captivated audiences with a gaming experience that put a whole new spin on the world of theme parks. The franchise, which is now making its portable system debut, has sold more than 11 million units. You can read more about RollerCoaster Tycoon 3D at this IGN preview.
And look for other Nintendo 3DS games from n-Space, including Skylanders Giants, releasing Oct. 19 in the United Kingdom and Oct. 21 in the United States; Heroes of Ruin, released June 15 in Europe and July 17 in North America; and Jaws: Ultimate Predator, released November 2011.