The San Diego Comic-Con got started yesterday with Preview Night and Activision celebrated with an event for press and retail at Stingaree. This offsite event showcased their two new James Bond releases, Blood Stone and GoldenEye, as well as Spiderman Shattered Dimensions.
n-Space Lead Designer Brendan McLeod was on hand to demonstrate GoldenEye DS and share some details of this exciting 2010 release…
GoldenEye 007 for the Nintendo DS is an all new first-person action game developed by n-Space in conjunction with the Wii title. GoldenEye 007 for the DS offers all of the epic action of James Bond’s greatest adventure, built from day one to push the capabilities of the Nintendo DS to its absolute limits. In both single and multiplayer, GoldenEye 007 delivers covert action on a handheld like you’ve never seen it before.
What makes GoldenEye 007 so special?
James Bond in GoldenEye in 2010
- GoldenEye 007 is a re-envisioning of the film’s original story. Rather than a one for one remake of the original game, GoldenEye 007 takes the undeniable finesse of James Bond and the incredible events of the 1995 film and delivers them in a handheld game that incorporates all of the elements that made the classic game great, all with the quality and style of a modern day shooter.
- GoldenEye 007 delivers the complete saga of GoldenEye re-envisioned by famed Bond author Bruce Feirstein for 2010 starring Daniel Craig as the world’s greatest secret agent. The game features the same full voice cast as the Wii title – Dame Judi Dench, Rory Kinnear, a cast of new talents as the classic GoldenEye lineup, and of course Daniel Craig as James Bond.
- Travel the world as James Bond, through locations both vintage and new, taken from both the original film and the zeitgeist of the modern era. Tear through the dam at Arkhangelsk, snake through the snowy surface of Severnaya, and rampage through St Petersburg in a tank – all with the skill and style of 007.
Covert Action on the DS
- GoldenEye 007 is a covert action game, using a combination of tactical shooting encounters and stealth ops situations to let the player experience what it truly feels like to execute a mission as James Bond 007.
- GoldenEye 007 is a “thinking man’s shooter,” rewarding brains over bullets. Bond’s greatest weapon is his mind, and the player is rewarded for making tactical decisions rather than charging in and spraying gunfire. Environmental kills, unconventional routes, distractions, and silent takedowns are the norm in GoldenEye 007.
- GoldenEye 007 is built from the ground up to take full advantage of the Nintendo DS’s special features. The player also uses the Touch Screen for feats of both strength and skill – smashing through barricades, escaping a doomed helicopter, and leaping from the Arkhangelsk dam!
Unparalleled Handheld Multiplayer
- GoldenEye 007 recreates the classic fun of the original title with a focus on multiplayer first-person gaming never before seen on the DS.
- GoldenEye 007 supports 6 players in both wireless and Wi-Fi connections across the globe. A full suite of game modes are available, with vintage modes like Golden Gun and Flag Tag making a return alongside some new game types.
- A full spread of modifiers allows players to change the state of the game to create a whole new experience in an all-new way.
- An enormous number of multiplayer awards are available for players to unlock; guaranteeing hours of both cooperative and competitive play online.
We look forward to sharing more about this great new DS title in the coming months!